Alahosts.com going away?

General public discussion.

Moderators: BBear, theunknownhost, flaguy

Arf
Official Test Penquin

Alahosts.com going away?

Post by Arf » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:14 pm

I've have taken this site down a while back had it not been for the fact that I bought an Alabanza hosting server and needed a lot of the info here to get me back up to speed on the old configuration. I'm wondering if anyone still comes here to check on things?

Also, if you're selling your hosting company, please contact me (via private message or at www.tlcwebhosting.com ) as I may be interested in purchasing it from you. I'll gently move your clients to a much better and more stable platform where they'll receive incredible support and customer service.

Thomas L.
AKA Arf

Charlie
Hard Drive Crasher

Re: Alahosts.com going away?

Post by Charlie » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:06 pm

I am still here...
Had to remember a command from 10 years ago to ensure the remaining servers are virtual not dedicated since NS sent a letter to terminate non virtual contracts...

It was mii-tool eth0

/C
U&wq22@1nia

Sapphyre
Official Test Penquin

Post by Sapphyre » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:18 pm

We no longer have a Navi server, but there's a lot of info here that applies to other systems; I have been back to review tidbits I remember we discussed. I protest
It's a crested auklet

Arf
Official Test Penquin

Post by Arf » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:49 pm

Hi Saphh,
There really is a lot here. I wonder if we could do something similar for cPanel servers. I've written a lot of server candy scripts for cpanel that I can share. Most of us old timers wouldn't learn much from them but there are some gems. I won't make any decisions at this time.
Arf

Sapphyre
Official Test Penquin

Post by Sapphyre » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:13 pm

I have really enjoyed the "small intimate group" here - especially since its original inception came about with the like-minded idea that we are not competitors but colleagues. There was more willingness to share here and encourage each other to succeed without worrying about competing for the same clientele.

I KNOW there are tons of other forums, but unless you are a regular on them, often times, your post will simply not get answered. I find I spend way too much time wading thru Google results looking for answers to find the "right" one that most matches the situation at hand, while maybe a friendly ear here could have answered straight off.

Though you started the "other servers" and cpanel topics here, it doesn't appear there is much interest in using them. The other CP are not "niche" as much as the Alabanza CP was (and the hosting industry itself has grown incredibly since Alahosts started!) - I suppose there's that - there's much more info to be had "out there".
It's a crested auklet

jtmneal07
Propeller head licensee

Post by jtmneal07 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:52 pm

I can't speak for Alahosts, but I know that Navisite is kicking us off of the old Alabanza platform.

We recently received a letter from them informing us that they would be closing our service later this year. We are having to move all of our remaining Alabanza accounts over to cPanel servers.

This is not a huge issue for us, we had mostly moved to cPanel a long time ago anyway. But still have a handful of clients on the old Alabanza platform.

Has anybody else received such a notice? Or has everyone here already moved off of Alabanza? Were we the last Alabanza client? (Pre Navisite takeover)

Arf
Official Test Penquin

Post by Arf » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:01 pm

We've been off of the old platform for years. I hope the migration goes well for anyone still there.

Sapphyre
Official Test Penquin

Post by Sapphyre » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:51 pm

We moved the last stragglers off beginning of last year
It's a crested auklet