My server is down. Just sayn'

General public discussion.

Moderators: BBear, theunknownhost, flaguy

sflraver
Professional Chicken Dancer

My server is down. Just sayn'

Post by sflraver » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:56 am

Whole server went down again about an hour ago. Gave them a call and the assured me they were working on it and would "call me back" soon.

Anyone else having trouble right now.

EDIT: Did get a call back just now (15 min) and the lady said a tech was working on reseting the server and it should be done in another 15 - 20 min.
How long does it take to reset a server? If I remember correctly Alabanza did it with me on the line a few times.

sflraver

Post by sflraver » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:24 am

Back up now.. glad I cought it and called.

Arf
Official Test Penquin

Post by Arf » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:40 pm

30 minute outage. Any reason why? I hate when they give no info because the more we learn and share the more patterns surface.

Charlie
Hard Drive Crasher

Re: My server is down. Just sayn'

Post by Charlie » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:28 pm

sflraver wrote:Whole server went down again about an hour ago. Gave them a call and the assured me they were working on it and would "call me back" soon.

Anyone else having trouble right now.

EDIT: Did get a call back just now (15 min) and the lady said a tech was working on reseting the server and it should be done in another 15 - 20 min.
How long does it take to reset a server? If I remember correctly Alabanza did it with me on the line a few times.

Did you ask why they did not realize the server went down?

sflraver

Post by sflraver » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:07 pm

For some reason the name server went all wacky again. Got that fixed but shortly after, my DNS for my local connection had dropped my entire server for some reason. It would not return any IP addresses for domains on the box.

Don't know what happened and no one will say. All I get is "everyting seems to be working fine now" when I ask. Oh well.

Arf
Official Test Penquin

Post by Arf » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:15 pm

sflraver wrote:Don't know what happened and no one will say. All I get is "everyting seems to be working fine now" when I ask. Oh well.

When you put "oh well" on the end it indicates to me that you should re-open the ticket and ask for further clarification. You deserve answers.

bbulb

Post by bbulb » Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:03 am

My sentiments exactly Arf. I think this is a BIG difference between the Alabanza of Old, and the New Alabanza. When things go wrong, it makes it easier on us to have something to tell our clients. As well, it certainly helps us develop a more informed opinion of the service they are providing us. If they are truly a good company, they would gladly show us their warts.

Brian

mbodamer
Hard Drive Crasher

Post by mbodamer » Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:20 pm

whether it is the "new" or "old" I never got clarification on any of my tickets and that is after opening them specifically for explinations....
Mike