Emergency issue with your environment

General public discussion.

Moderators: BBear, theunknownhost, flaguy

rem
Professional Chicken Dancer

Emergency issue with your environment

Post by rem » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:11 pm

Does anybody has any idea what is this about?
============
Dear Valued NaviSite Client:

The purpose of this email communication is to notify you that there is currently an issue with your environment that may or may not impact you. Ticket (TT#01281691) has been opened for this and our engineers are currently investigating the issue. More updates will follow as information becomes available.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, or if you would like to request a formal incident review, please contact the NOC, your Client Manager or the Client Care Center at (__@navisite.com).

We apologize for any inconvenience that this incident may have caused and appreciate your patience.

NOC Monitor

Arf
Official Test Penquin

Post by Arf » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:34 pm

Yes. One or more of those fancy blade servers that Navisite is running is down. No further info has been provided except for that comforting message, "Our engineers are working on this right now". I'm comforted and I hope you are too. :evil:

BlueWater
Nothing better to do.

Post by BlueWater » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:49 pm

I thought they had redundancy? Thought that was the reason for the change in platform.

Where's it at? Please don't tell me still in the box.
Last edited by BlueWater on Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blue Water Media Inc.
www.bluewatermedia.com

newcanada
Hosting Superstar

Post by newcanada » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:50 pm

I got that too.. I assumed it was related to the ticket I opened regarding the Naviview not working very well, or the ticket about my DSM which has been down quite a bit this week.

rem

Post by rem » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:55 pm

It's just weird, my DSM is down but my clients web pages are up, and I think the email is working fine...
I have a friend with another server on Alabanza and his service went down about 30 minutes ago and nothing is working.

anykey
Nothing better to do.

Post by anykey » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:55 pm

BlueWater wrote:Where's it at? Please don't tell me still in the box.

Maybe that's it... not IN the same box, but ON the same box. the redundancy is SO redundant that IT'S ON THE SAME BLADE. Wheeeee!

UPDATE: My DSM and one machine appear to be on the blade in question. My physical machine and service to another machine on a different blade is wonky, but I am able to connect to all services on those two machines. My primary DNS is on the machine that's on the dead blade. Just sharing what I'm seeing...
Last edited by anykey on Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

m2
Hard Drive Crasher

Post by m2 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:56 pm

Redundancy works for hardware but not for software problems. If a driver is kaflooey, all of the [redundant] hardware will be kaflooey too.

netbasiks
Hard Drive Crasher

Post by netbasiks » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:57 pm

Arf wrote:Yes. One or more of those fancy blade servers that Navisite is running is down. No further info has been provided except for that comforting message, "Our engineers are working on this right now". I'm comforted and I hope you are too. :evil:

Unfortunately, we are on the affected blade server, and NaviSite does not have an ETA and neither do they have any idea yet on what caused it to go down. :evil:

shpilkus
Hosting Superstar

Post by shpilkus » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:01 pm

ALL of our servers are on the affected hardware apparently. Except the DSM which is oddly up, but slow as molasses. So much for the reliability, and stability, and "if one goes down, they don't all go down" crap.
Craig M.
5DollarHosting.com

Christo

Navishite

Post by Christo » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:10 pm

Yep our DSM is down, but websites are still up. When will it all end?

spliffman
Propeller head licensee

Post by spliffman » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:14 pm

Our one virtual server is down but the old dual pIII box is doing just fine -- oops no control panels there either, and no DSM.

I did not get the email (I never do)
1-800-497-HOST

Arf
Official Test Penquin

Post by Arf » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:23 am

Finally backup. Been up for two hours.

12 hours down. Golly, that was good service.

Okidoki
Official Test Penquin

Post by Okidoki » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:02 pm

Arf wrote:Finally backup. Been up for two hours.

12 hours down. Golly, that was good service.

:o

It is the worst support that I have seen in internet
Okidoki

Arf
Official Test Penquin

Post by Arf » Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:00 pm

I am forwarding every letter of complaint from clients to Adrian and Charles. I'm tired of not getting information in a timely fashion. They need to hear from all of us over and over about their lack of communications. They need to understand how important information is to us because it is the one thing that we have to provide to our clients that might salvage the account.

I would suggest you do the same.

Okidoki
Official Test Penquin

Post by Okidoki » Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:22 pm

Arf wrote:I am forwarding every letter of complaint from clients to Adrian and Charles. I'm tired of not getting information in a timely fashion. They need to hear from all of us over and over about their lack of communications. They need to understand how important information is to us because it is the one thing that we have to provide to our clients that might salvage the account.

I would suggest you do the same.

Arf,

I believe to be now the hated client in Nasviste, I write them 5 times per day, documenting the bad of the NOC, of the support, in fact I don't know that to make more, good I know it probable I don't sign the new contract that they offer me although there are economic advantages I prefer to go to another ISP to pay more and to be calm.
Okidoki

mbodamer
Hard Drive Crasher

Post by mbodamer » Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:26 pm

oki.... you should really check out LW, they are in fect cheaper and based on our experience much more responsive. and they (for the most part) teach me to fish. If they fix something they tellme what they fixed and how they fixed it so next time i try to fix myself.
Mike

AJ
Nothing better to do.

Post by AJ » Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:42 pm

oki.... you should really check out LW

I agree. I called their support twice on Saturday setting up my name servers and I was stunned when I got off the phone both times at how easy it was to get answers. There a whole big world out there of less cost, better support and even more automation.

Okidoki
Official Test Penquin

Post by Okidoki » Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:24 pm

mbodamer wrote:oki.... you should really check out LW, they are in fect cheaper and based on our experience much more responsive. and they (for the most part) teach me to fish. If they fix something they tellme what they fixed and how they fixed it so next time i try to fix myself.

Thank you, but I go to Peer1, I have servers windows there for 4 years and never had failed the NOC, I have an AM (Michael Rivera) that is a marvel and I had offered a solution more economic and modern , that I have at the moment in Navisite.

I request him 10 server, and he offered me a special price, and I don't need to even pay the 10 serrvers, I can request a server at the same time until migration all the Websites
Okidoki

jady

Post by jady » Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:41 am

Guys and Gals - run! Now is the time. They are sinking a ship that was already calling Mayday. When they realize the Ala clients arent making them money, they will just cut their losses and sell you all off again, probably to some "D" rated company as no "A" rated company would be interested in taking on their nightmare. Its going to happen. RUN!

Does anyone have an accurate count of DSM owners before and after the migration? Just off the top of my head, I know of 30 people that have left, including some of our clients, fellow Alahosts and others that I have read about on various chats. Its dwindling down to nothing - and that is when they will throw in the towel.

shpilkus
Hosting Superstar

Post by shpilkus » Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:12 am

My own rough estimate based on conversations with other hosts, LiquidWeb, HostWorks, migration coordinators, even cPanel is that as of 11/30 roughly 1/3 of the hosts (not servers - companies) had moved or were in the process of moving, the majority to LiquidWeb. Is this official? Of course not. I haven't talked to everyone, but I did keep notes for a while of who was going and where (if it was disclosed).
Craig M.
5DollarHosting.com