Navisite Support

General public discussion.

Moderators: BBear, theunknownhost, flaguy

newcanada
Hosting Superstar

Navisite Support

Post by newcanada » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:47 pm

Earlier in 2009, support was getting much better. Then suddenly after Rudhir left, Navisite support has been horribly dismal for me. I wait an average of two days for a resolution to email issues (some times, it takes less than a day, other times upwards of a week).

Has anyone else suffered terrible response time and poor quality responses recently?

Okidoki
Official Test Penquin

Post by Okidoki » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:36 am

The support is bad and not this qualified to work with webhosting companies, the support Naviste is horrible it is the worst thing that I have seen in years.

Good, everybody knows in this business that the support in India is it but that it exists. It is not a racist comment, it is that they are not qualified they are very bad and this is impossible to hide.
Okidoki

Arf
Official Test Penquin

Post by Arf » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:43 am

I'm not sure what you're asking that they take so long. Support has been about the same all year for me. So far, I'd say they've matched my expectations and I'm satisfied with them.

Okidoki
Official Test Penquin

Post by Okidoki » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:52 am

Arf you are always optimistic.. :D I have seen in these Indian technical days that they know less than my clients, are null in their technical capacity, that it is the true.
Okidoki

Arf
Official Test Penquin

Post by Arf » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:59 pm

Okidoki wrote:Arf you are always optimistic.. :D I have seen in these Indian technical days that they know less than my clients, are null in their technical capacity, that it is the true.
Maybe I just ask stupid questions but I can recall several times when their knowledge far exceeded my own (not hard to do). They certainly make mistakes and have given me some really dumb answers at times too. I don't think their country of origin has anything to do with their ability or skill level. I'm an dolt, but that has nothing to do with my nationality.

Okidoki
Official Test Penquin

Post by Okidoki » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:04 am

The origin country is very important, you remember, I am of a country considered of the third world.

I for that reason have looked for a provider for 11 years ago in U.S, that which I believe was the success of my business in Latin America.

The access to the technology in the "Third world" it is very expensive and reduced.. that it is the difference among developed countries and underdeveloped.

It is sad but there is a breach technology and of very big knowledge.

An example my daughter finishes the school recently in Chile, and she go to study in Germany. Good she has a lot of difficulty to reach the same level of their partners in the University.
Okidoki

newcanada
Hosting Superstar

Post by newcanada » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:43 am

Most of my inquires have been email related and I don't think they are major major problems, but if they are, clearly it speaks to server reliability issues.

Often the dialogue goes like this:

me: Webmail is giving an error, any ideas?
navi: It's fixed.
me: We are still seeing the same error.
navi: We need more time to resolve this.

2 days pass..

me: Any update on the problem, it's been two days.
me: No, it's not. Here is a screenshot of the error.
navi: We need more time to resolve this.

Another day passes..

me: okay, that's great but what was the problem?

ticket gets closed, no response. Emails to my AM either go unanswered or I'm told someone will look into it and nothing more happens.

I have found it useful to setup more than one ticket per problem, because strangely the answers contradict each other, and at best, at least one person solves the problem while the other inquiry goes awol like the dialogue I paraphrased above.

Honestly, I just think this is strange. This is how you treat someone if you don't want their business, and if I'm the only person having these problems, perhaps Navisite is dropping a hint.? This feels like a problem I had last year with a certain outsourced support company.

Arf
Official Test Penquin

Post by Arf » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:39 pm

I can site dozens of bad support tickets as well. We all can. And I can site even more tickets where the problem was resolved in a reasonable amount of time.

I recall a conversation I had with a respected senior tech at the old Alabanza: one major contributing factor that makes their support different for some is the way we ask the question or communicate what the problem is.

m2
Hard Drive Crasher

Post by m2 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:42 pm

newcanada wrote:I have found it useful to setup more than one ticket per problem, because strangely the answers contradict each other, and at best, at least one person solves the problem while the other inquiry goes awol like the dialogue I paraphrased above.
I sympathize with your frustration. When you open a 2nd ticket, do you reference the 1st ticket? If tech A and tech B are working on the same problem, but not collaborating, they could be stepping on each other as they troubleshoot and test changes.

m2

newcanada
Hosting Superstar

Post by newcanada » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:19 pm

m2 wrote:I sympathize with your frustration. When you open a 2nd ticket, do you reference the 1st ticket? If tech A and tech B are working on the same problem, but not collaborating, they could be stepping on each other as they troubleshoot and test changes.

m2
heh.. perhaps I'm not making my issue clear. Most of the time, the 1st tech isn't doing anything but telling me 'I tested it and it works' when there is absolutely no evidence that they tested said tool.

For example, the biggest recent glaring mistake was a problem with a mailing list. I was told twice that they tested it and it worked. Well, why didn't I get an email since I'm on that mailing list. Suddenly they need more time, and I get the test emails.. that problem never got resolved. After a week, the client was so angry, he still refuses to talk to me any more.

Often I feel like they are just patting me on the head and telling me it will be all good, and it's the 2nd tech who sees the ticket and thinks 'whoa this is a problem' and does something about it. If I say 'I have an open ticket on this already..' they will just close the 2nd ticket.

The only 'collaborating' I've seen is when a problem surpasses 5 days of non-resolution; and by this time I've put in three tickets and I've emailed everyone up the ladder at Navisite. Also, the 'priority' status of tickets means nothing.

The fact is that most of my problems are email-related, no additional information is required, but yet it takes 3-5 back and forths for them to simply give me a straight answer. A lot of the time, each response contradicts the last response and I have to challenge them every step of the way.

When you have to open two tickets on the same issue in hopes that 50% of the techs will give you a clean answer, clearly there is a problem. And I have told all of my AMs that I'm doing this, in hopes that they would agree that this tactic is unfortunately successful and perhaps we could work on a compromise.

Say.. I pay 40% less and accept that email is flawed and it will take 48 hours to solve any problem.

newcanada
Hosting Superstar

Post by newcanada » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:21 pm

ps. Not all support inquiries are awful, only 80% of them appear to be. :roll:

Arf
Official Test Penquin

Post by Arf » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:14 pm

newcanada wrote:...I have found it useful to setup more than one ticket per problem, because strangely the answers contradict each other, and at best, at least one person solves the problem while the other inquiry goes awol like the dialogue I paraphrased above.
My first thought on this was that it hints a genius! Then you can pit two of their techs up against each other and let them fight it out when they contradict each other. I like that.

My second thought is of my own clients who end up paying a "Pain in the behind parts tax". They are hyper whiners who cry wolf at everything, or the claim something is broken because they're too darn lazy to read the instructions. Compare them to the clients who want to work with us to solve real problems. Guess whose ticket I open first and who I'll really look into rather than take a best guess at the solution?

newcanada
Hosting Superstar

Post by newcanada » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:05 pm

lol

I'm lucky that 98% of my clients only contact me when there's real trouble, and I only contact Navisite when I can't solve the problem myself. And as I've said, it's almost always email problems.
Arf wrote:Compare them to the clients who want to work with us to solve real problems.
Exactly! I'm one of those clients. I don't know how much more clear and patient I can be with the line of AMs. They are fully aware of my concerns and all I've received is acknowledgments of the problems. Annnndd...

I come here to vent as a last resort, but clearly based on the responses I've read so far; the belief that every ticket gets full attention from every tech.. then clearly you guys are not experiencing what I am experiencing.

Something isn't right here, but I do appreciate all the feedback.. !