How do these hosts have Weebly?

General public discussion.

Moderators: BBear, theunknownhost, flaguy

Sapphyre
Official Test Penquin

How do these hosts have Weebly?

Post by Sapphyre » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:34 pm

Anyone know how Hostgator and Bluehost are offering Weebly ?
It's a crested auklet

Arf
Official Test Penquin

Re: How do these hosts have Weebly?

Post by Arf » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:19 am

I believe Weebly offers a free plug in for cPanel.

newcanada
Hosting Superstar

Post by newcanada » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:56 pm

I'm going to give this a go, will report my experience.

http://www.weebly.com/industries-contact.html

Sapphyre
Official Test Penquin

Post by Sapphyre » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:07 pm

Thanks... looking forward to your review.
It's a crested auklet

newcanada
Hosting Superstar

Post by newcanada » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:43 pm

Okay so I did not try this out.. because Weebly wants $199/month just to offer this.

They'll give you 30% commission (or discount) if you provide the end-users support, or 20% if Weebly does the support. Consider that the starting package is only $5/month, you could make a whopping $1.50/month per client.. assuming you are going to charge the same price as Weebly, which you would be required to do so.
Partners can charge whatever prices they want. The only caveat is that partners cannot charge less than the recommended retail price, which is what Weebly charges our retail customers. Basically,partners must charge their customers equal to or higher than weebly.com retail pricing. As soon as your actual invoice cost exceeds $199, you only pay for what you use. Ever. Partners simply pay a wholesale price for sites and can resell them at a higher rate.

Once you surpass $199 in invoices at any given month, the minimum commitment completely gets dropped and you would only get invoiced a la carte.
Also consider that you're only hosting some of the web files, most of the intellectual property is stored with their servers.
Upon every publish of a site we FTP a php file and .htaccess to the location you've specified for the site. The php file is very small and acts as a proxy. The first request to the published site is responded by the php file (via the 404 handler specified in .htaccess). The php file makes a call to Weebly for the contents of the page. The contents are then returned to the user's browser. At the same time the php file caches the content for each subsequent request to avoid future trips to Weebly for the contents.

Upon next publish of the site the cache is cleared and the process starts again.
I declined, citing the upfront costs, and the sales guy came back with $99/month. Still too expensive for the risk of having people move completely over to Weebly (they offer Google Apps for email) down the road.

Arf
Official Test Penquin

Post by Arf » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:40 pm

Um, better to offer something than lose the client. Although it seems like bad up front cost and risk of losing clients to weebly.

newcanada
Hosting Superstar

Post by newcanada » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:46 pm

Arf wrote:Um, better to offer something than lose the client.
I agree, but I don't think Weebly is the way to go.

Arf
Official Test Penquin

Post by Arf » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:51 pm

We sell RVSiteBuilder. It's OK. Support isn't great. I've removed it from one server to save money. Clients who want it will be migrated to the one server that has it.