SpamAssassin and SpamVault

If you have a program or script that you'd like to give away or sell, this is the place to do it. All offers should include contact info.

Moderators: BBear, theunknownhost, flaguy

crossoverconsulting
Nothing better to do.

Post by crossoverconsulting » Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:41 pm

Hey All,
Just upgraded and Alabanza was kind enough to load SpamAssassin for me while they did it. They won't "support" it, of course so I'm left with figuring out this little brain-tease. Which means I ask the smart people - you!

On another server (off ALA) SpamAssassin is configured to replace the message with the SpamAssassin template and attach the original spam message. This would make it easy to create a SV rule to filter, right?

My problem is that the ALA install is the other way around - it's attaching the SA text as attachment and I can't seem to figure out a filter for SV. I've been all over SpamAssassin.org, but can't seem to see a configuration to change. Boxes of wine on the weekend will do that to you.

So - anyone know how to either change the SpamAssassin configuration to replace the message with the template so I can create a rule in SpamVault to kill anything over a certain number

OR

How to create a SpamVault rule to filter out the SpamAssassin scores over 5?

Thanks,
Chelle

arcwebscape
Propeller head licensee

Post by arcwebscape » Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:33 pm

To have it not attach the spam as an attachment you need to set "report_safe" to 0.

More infomation on each setting can be found at http://ist.uwaterloo.ca/~dkeenan/talks/spamassassin/config.html

These setting are found in the user_prefs file under the .spamassassin directory of any user you wish to modify this setting for.

If you are familiar with procmail, you can add the line below the Spamassassin call. Each \* is a score. Below is score of 9 and above is deleted. Others tagged below a score of 9 is still passed on but with SA report.

Code: Select all

:0
* ^X-Spam-Flag: YES
* ^X-Spam-Level: \*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*
/dev/null

Another option, if you don't wish to pass any spam tagged by SA at all, change "required_hits" to your threshold (anything below 9 is not recommend in SA site for serverwide) and use Spam Vault to catch anything with *****SPAM***** in the subject.

William

[/url]

nova
Hard Drive Crasher

Post by nova » Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:06 am

arcwebscape wrote:To have it not attach the spam as an attachment you need to set "report_safe" to 0.

More infomation on each setting can be found at http://ist.uwaterloo.ca/~dkeenan/talks/spamassassin/config.html

These setting are found in the user_prefs file under the .spamassassin directory of any user you wish to modify this setting for.

If you are familiar with procmail, you can add the line below the Spamassassin call. Each \* is a score. Below is score of 9 and above is deleted. Others tagged below a score of 9 is still passed on but with SA report.

Code: Select all

:0
* ^X-Spam-Flag: YES
* ^X-Spam-Level: \*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*
/dev/null

Another option, if you don't wish to pass any spam tagged by SA at all, change "required_hits" to your threshold (anything below 9 is not recommend in SA site for serverwide) and use Spam Vault to catch anything with *****SPAM***** in the subject.

William

[/url]

I know a good tech at Alabanza who would strongly disagree with your statement that anything below 9 is not recommended for serverwide.
My understanding is that SA is tied into MIMEdefang, at least that's true on my server. Maybe your suggestions don't apply when MD is installed with SA? We also have SV.