SpamVault

If you have a program or script that you'd like to give away or sell, this is the place to do it. All offers should include contact info.

Moderators: BBear, theunknownhost, flaguy

spiderweave
Nothing better to do.

Server Wide Spam Vault

Post by spiderweave » Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:48 am

We just purchases Serve Wide Spam Vault as well as RBL filtering. The results have been very good so far. It has only been a day and we have seen a drastic drop in spam and we already use Span Vault on that domain. Well worth the cost.

Thanks

Arf!

Arf
Official Test Penquin

Post by Arf » Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:21 pm

Spiderweave also purchased and install of SpamWatcher and RBLs. I see that yesterday the RBLs blocked over 100,000 spams to his server. SpamVault is great (I included my list of blocks for serverwide blocking) but with the RBLs it's an unbeatable combo IMHO.

I am getting spam, sure, about 1 to 3 per week.

spiderweave
Nothing better to do.

WOW

Post by spiderweave » Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:10 am

This really Kicks Spam in the butt. We even had clients calling to thank us for stopping the large amounts of spam. The average user on this server was 100 - 250 spams a day today they only got 1-3 spams! And not false positives!

Rating: five gold stars!!!!

WOW Thanks ARF!!

jjacobs
Propeller head licensee

Dumb question: Buy SpamVault from Ala, or direct?

Post by jjacobs » Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:25 pm

Id love the serverwide SpamVault with the RBLs but Im confused as to who to pay and what Im getting. I checkout out http://alahosts.com/catalog to buy the SpamVault product there, but there are 3 products listed:

SpamVault Server Wide

RBL & SpamWatcher Install Service

SpamVault 3.3 License Renewals

Do these products overlap in anyway?

Arf
Official Test Penquin

Post by Arf » Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:42 pm

SpamVault used to be sold as a stand alone product. Some hosts still are using the old verision 3.3. So the license renewal option there is an mechanism for them to pay their fees.

SpamVault Serverwide. Basically works on blocking spams on all accounts at once.

RBLs. These block a lot of spam on a serverwide basis but many slip through because these filters focus on open relays trying to pass email through to your server.

I recommend both RBLs and SpamVault serverwide and will install both for for the price of just buying the RBLs in the catalog if you mention that you also need SpamVault serverwide.

jjacobs
Propeller head licensee

Thanks for clearing that up!

Post by jjacobs » Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:39 pm

I'll go to your store then, purchase the RBLs and comment that Id like the SpamVault server wide install.

What a baahhhgin :)

Blondie
Nothing better to do.

Post by Blondie » Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:18 pm

Arf wrote:Spiderweave also purchased and install of SpamWatcher and RBLs. I see that yesterday the RBLs blocked over 100,000 spams to his server. SpamVault is great (I included my list of blocks for serverwide blocking) but with the RBLs it's an unbeatable combo IMHO.

Don't be so humble. I also got the SpamWatcher and RBLs and....when you found 30,000 spams in the mail queue waiting to be sent out from a form mail script, I just about fell off my chair. You Rock and YOU'RE unbeatable Arf. :o I'll have the server upgrades soon and then Spam Vault too so I'm one happy customer!

netbasiks
Hard Drive Crasher

Post by netbasiks » Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:19 am

We too got RBL, SpamWatcher and serverwide SpamVault installed on our server 2 days ago. We have already seen a significant drop in the amount of spam our clients receive (already blocking over 150,000 spam emails everyday http://sapref.netbasiks.com/spamwatch). We are still activating the filters in SpamVault, but the results have been spectacular!

I have already thanked Arf for these products in a personal email, but I would like to thank him again on this forum for installing these on our server. Well worth the $$$. :D

Robby

Arf
Official Test Penquin

Post by Arf » Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:17 pm

I'm so glad to have been of service Robby. My hope is that some day we'll all not have to waste so much time and money on this issue. If we paid $1 for every hour worked on this we'd have ammassed enough money to hire hitmen to eliminate the problem. Okay that's a bit drastic. :x

I wish Ala would get the next solution rolled out.

Sapphyre
Official Test Penquin

Post by Sapphyre » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:47 pm

I have a suggestion.

Have options for maintenance on the spam repository.
- hold only a maximum X number of messages (rotate off the older ones)
- delete messages older than X number of days

Arf
Official Test Penquin

Post by Arf » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:55 pm

I suppose a system cron could do this but the problem with this type of feature is that spamvault simply writes a procmail script. To have procmail scripts spawning scripts to manage old emails would kill the server.

Maybe I'm just not thinking outside the box. If you have any ideas on how this could be implemented, please let me know.

Sapphyre
Official Test Penquin

Post by Sapphyre » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:43 pm

AH, right.

Yes, the spamvault setting would simply either install or uninstall a separate program and set a cron for it.

I actually have such a program on my to do list. ha ha ha that list is NOT cycling off. It just seems to grow and grow and nothing gets crossed off :(