dictionary defense

If you have a program or script that you'd like to give away or sell, this is the place to do it. All offers should include contact info.

Moderators: BBear, theunknownhost, flaguy

De1MastR
Nothing better to do.

I am working on another

Post by De1MastR » Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:10 am

I am trying to build a "dictionary defense" solution, basically if 50% of the words in the e-mail are mispelled (or some percentage). Building in perl and testing a routine that won't slow down the server to much. Will keep everyone informed.
My .02 and 1/2
Thomas
ONEKO Internet Success Solutions

Arf
Official Test Penquin

Post by Arf » Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:11 pm

Thomas, I split this one off from the other thread because it wan't on topic.

I think that this might really work. Very interesting idea. A little history. When Ala first started out (very very early on) they used perl (not sendmail/procmail) to manage their email. The result overloaded their server very quickly and they knew right away that they needed to find a different solution. Today's servers are certainly much more capable of handling loads.

De1MastR
Nothing better to do.

Thank you...

Post by De1MastR » Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:35 pm

I don't think server load will be major (that's what testing is for) I can parse text files at a tremendous rate (that what perl is for). The real trick is the dictionary tests and the easy of installation for the common man when I am done. Might need a couple of CPAN mods. I might also just need to make an install program for it and it would only work on ALA servers .

If it works well I will post the program on the sourceforge CVS and let the opensource community contribute.

Thanks for the history. I might need a little assistance/tip on exactally where to drop it into the mail delivery system. I will get back to you or you can just point out anything you think useful here.

Thanks again!
My .02 and 1/2
Thomas
ONEKO Internet Success Solutions