Ok A little of topic but still cool

If you have a program or script that you'd like to give away or sell, this is the place to do it. All offers should include contact info.

Moderators: BBear, theunknownhost, flaguy

De1MastR
Nothing better to do.

Ok A little of topic but still cool

Post by De1MastR » Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:47 pm

I found this today.
Sometimes I work with many files and I need to replace a phrase with another one in all the files or I need to see all the occurences of a word in a file without the rest of the details. Windows Grep is a tool that makes your life easier if you need to correct an error in a lot of files. You can use regular expressions, recursive search in subfolders, filters for files.

Windows Grep can produce customizable output and automatically backups the original files.

While the inteface may not seem very attractive, the program is powerful and is a good replacement for the Unix version of grep, a command line utility that reads a file and outputs the lines containing matches for a regular expression.

Although the program is shareware, it costs $29 and the author says "you are both legally and morally obliged to pay the license fee", the program works without limitations after the trial ends.

I live for grep and I always thought it would be cool to have this.
My .02 and 1/2
Thomas
ONEKO Internet Success Solutions

flaguy
Hard Drive Crasher

Post by flaguy » Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:28 pm

sounds a bit like Advanced Find and Replace , it's amazing how these programs work so well for 29.95...