Webmail 10Mb limit

If you have a program or script that you'd like to give away or sell, this is the place to do it. All offers should include contact info.

Moderators: BBear, theunknownhost, flaguy

Have you had problems with Webmail accounts over 10Mb since the Alabanza upgrade?

Poll ended at Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:28 am

Yes
33%
No
67%
All my clients are under 10Mb already
No votes
What upgrade?
No votes

Total votes: 3

Christo
Professional Chicken Dancer

Webmail 10Mb limit

Post by Christo » Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:28 am

Hi all

We have a client that had just over 10Mb of emails on our server in Webmail.
She wanted to download the emails to Outlook Express, but kept on getting time outs and double of each email.
I downloaded the emails to my computer with "Leave a copy on server" ticked in my email program, to see if it was a corrupt email or attachment.

Some...but not all emails came in double....

We have only had problems with this since Alabanza "upgraded" Webmail.

I have email plumber on our server, but have not finished configuring it... or had a chance to inform our clients of the new limitations imposed on their accounts.

Does any one have any comments or solutions to deal with accounts that are over 10Mb?

Cheers :roll:

mbodamer
Hard Drive Crasher

Post by mbodamer » Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:04 pm

we have been having problems with duplicates and cant seem to find the solution. Ala sys everythign is fine on thier end, but we are getting an increase in customer complaint on it in the past month. doesnt seem to relate to large email accounts, however.
Mike

newcanada
Hosting Superstar

Post by newcanada » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:14 pm

I searched our records (all three years of them) and could only find this response from Ala last year when one of our clients had a similar issue:

If you look in the mail directory you will see several cache files. These cache files are used to prevent autoresponder wars from occuring. Sometimes it appears that these cache files may cause duplicate emails too generate. But they do a good job at preventing an even bigger problem - autoresponder wars.

As always, I hope that helps.