online advertising service for your clients

If you have a program or script that you'd like to give away or sell, this is the place to do it. All offers should include contact info.

Moderators: BBear, theunknownhost, flaguy

Greg
Hosting Superstar

online advertising service for your clients

Post by Greg » Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:05 am

Everyone at Alabanza, if any of your clients need an online advertising service, we could work something out.

https://adwords.google.com/select/Profe ... Q&hl=en_US

I am offering this service to only you (your clients) at this point, as i'd rather work with someone from Alabanza, like me, who may have been struggling for years there and could benefit from offering my services to your clients, whether they are on our Alabanza platform or not.

I made a little CP for each client, and made it in a way so that each clients CP can be hosted on any domain, typically my domain, or their domain, or your domain. The CP can show anyone as the Adwords Manager, working for any company with any details, listed in a separate included file, so for example, if we made a deal, you could offer your clients my service, and their Adwords CP could be hosted on your domain, with an icon in your Ala CP leading to it, and showing me as the Manager working under your company name.

I made the Manager details a variable, in case i end up hiring other(s) to work for me under my company. If i reach ~35 Adwords accounts, i will either stop accepting new clients, or find another qualified Manager to work on more accounts, but it will always be 1 Manager working within each account. The client will always only have 1 dedicated Manager. This way, i'll have more time for each customer, and the customer will always only have to deal with one manager who knows their entire account and history and goals.

We could possibly work out something such as 10% of all revenue from the client goes back to you :)

I am able to add $110 credit to any new Google Adwords accounts through my master account if Google approves it.

If one of you can give me 30+ clients, i will work exclusively for you under your label, and would quit selling hosting so you don't need to worry about me stealing clients.

I have lowered the prices considerably from the initial prices: http://pureideasplus.com/seo/prices.html

I do plan to offer Yahoo one too if i have time to study their new format when it arrives, then make an area within the existing CP for that info. The 3rd biggest in MSN, which offers their own Managers. I was thinking of offering something like CJ for banners as well, but Google just bought youtube.com so there will be plenty of banner and video ads available on their network now.

Basically, i will do everything needed to advertise effectively online:

- Make/optimize/update text ads (also accept videos and banners)
- Make/optimize/update campaigns
- Research the market for their products/services
- Find sites to place ads
- Find keywords to trigger ads
- Rotate ads to find best ones over time
- Optimize ads, keywords, bids, campaigns
- Make/install/update tracking codes
- Help with landing pages on their site
- Make/fix/update robots.txt
- Make/update/upload SiteMap
- Make and send reports
- Make a CP to control budget, etc.
- Add and delete campaigns, such as sales campaigns
- Join and integrate Google Sitemaps - https://www.google.com/accounts/Service ... e=sitemaps
- Join and integrate Google Analytics - http://www.google.com/analytics/
- Join and integrate Google Website Optimizer - http://services.google.com/websiteoptimizer/
- Update CC and personal details through CP for both Manager and Google
- Solve technical and billing issues

Please feel free to ask me any questions.

Greg
Hosting Superstar

Post by Greg » Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:36 am

It seems some of you have very small Adwords or advertising accounts, and that is fine with me, and i think we can work something out, but this "full service" i posted above that i am providing offers a ton of time-consuming tasks which cannot be included in a small account.

I would also consider having you remain as the main contact for the client, and me behind the scenes and you remain collecting the fees from your clients, and i simply bill you once per month on a flat fee according to how many accounts i'm running of yours. This keeps things simple for your existing clients who have small accounts.

Whatever works for you, is the way i want to do it.

I would like to make a 2nd task sheet for myself though first, which shows me exactly each step to take with the smaller clients, and work this scaled-down task sheet out with you so i do exactly what you want me to for each of your clients.

Right now i have a 4 page task list, in which i make a copy for each client, and i mark each task off as i go, so that i know exactly where i am with each client, as there are about 100 tasks.

For the large clients, i have a sample page with budget options, then it turns into a control panel if they sign up.

Some of the tasks i would leave out of these smaller accounts, which are included in the full service are:

1)Initial Samples in control panel and budget options. You would offer a flat fee from your smaller clients that don't want things complicated.

2)Making and researching Funnels and Goals:

I make a couple funnels and goals throughout the website starting at the front of the website and working towards the "Thank-you" page, watching where the website is losing visitors and work on that webpage with the client, then weeks later when we have more data and fixed up the page, and visitors generally go through to the next page, then we start to work on that next page, and eventually get to fixing up the last order page (end of the funnel), then start optimizings ads again, to get more people to those funnels, and start all over again with the first funnel page again or start new funnels and goals.

The Analytics Google offers as a separate account, this requires studying each week to go deep into your campaigns and optimize the ads, keyword list, CPC, budget, to increase our CTR and ROI. It requires alot of tracking codes into many webpages and alot of work between me and the client.

3)Website Optimizer:

The new "website optimizer" Google offers as a separate account, like Google Analytics, which lets you break the landing page into several sections, then make several variations for each section of the webpage, then display them in different combinations and this tool will show you the best combinations over time. Obviously this would take alot of time for me to set up all the combinations, but also the website owner, if they wanted variations of images, logos, text, in the webpages.

4)Sitemap and robots.txt:

These require that i go through the entire site structure, to see which directories to block from search engines, and then make an xml sitemap of the site and upload it into Google Webmaster Tools under their own account that i would create as well. There is more code that needs to be placed in the website.

5)Control Panel:

It takes me quite some time to get a control panel setup for each client, then the client must regularly log into this control panel to answer questions, get code, see what the next step is, when the account is first created. Much of the stuff in the control panel is for the Analytics code, samples, their personal data, generally things we don't need for a small client.

I am sure you will agree that some of these tasks, if done properly, cannot be incuded in a $15-$40/month managing fee.

Perhaps we can make a standard small package, such as:

1 campaign
1-3 ads
no tracking (conversions, funnels and goals)
no control panel (no budget options, samples)
no landing page or site construction (will give tips and help)
no sitemap

~$69 setup & $19/month

I would create the text ads after getting all the data i need from you and their site, then find the best sites and keywords, also make slight variations of the ads for future optimizing. I would make changes to their campaigns for free as long it is not too time consuming.

If you are hosting the client, and you want me to add lots of tracking and conversion codes, or want me to generate the codes for you, that is fine too. Please tell me what you would like in an advertising service, both small accounts and big full service accounts, and i'll try to work something out that will be fair to all parties.

Right now, Google and it's partner sites are the best place to advertise, both in terms of the page views the network has, and the back end in terms of data, control, and features.

If there is something you don't particularly like, or something missing, or you have a comment or suggestion, please let me know, as i am very flexible and open minded.

I am not looking to get rich, all i want is to do some honest work and help my fellow hosters. Sounds corny doesn't it?

Thanks for reading all of this, i hope i can help you and your company someday.

Greg
Hosting Superstar

Post by Greg » Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:02 am

If anyone is interested, i posted 2 sets of prices and some details, which would be for the large clients that want indepth tracking and data and lots of website help, and for the small clients that just want good ads and distribution.

http://pureideasplus.com/ala/prices.html

user: ala
pass: ads

Please feel free to ask any questions.

Arf
Official Test Penquin

Post by Arf » Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:11 pm

Dear Greg,
I like what you've done. Can you please give a much fuller explaination of why the Plus packages are so drastically different? Educate me.

Greg
Hosting Superstar

Post by Greg » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:41 am

I'll be glad to :)

The Plus Packages require alot more time and work, which is the only reason i charge much more.

The plus packages includes:

- I make a control panel for each large client, so that the large clients aren't in the dark, and can easily log into the CP i made, and view their current budget, package, contact me, grab code, ask a question, make text ads and submit them to me, view samples, change budgets, edit personal data, get tips, and get reports.

- Tracking codes, there are a few types of tracking codes, and they go everywhere. I need to generate the correct codes for each of their pages, depending on whether the pages are secure or not, and dynamic or not. If their pages are dynamic, then i need to know the variable for the total sale.

- One set of tracking codes is a "goal and funnel" tracking, and we place this code in a group of pages leading to our goal (a sale), and we find out where the website is losing visitors. We view how many clients reach each page, where they came from, what page they left on, etc.

- We collect data on browser sizes, screen resolutions, operating systems, java enabled or not, javascript enabled or not, cookies on or off, etc. This data can be useful for building your site.

- Landing pages are very important, and i will work with the client, and Google software and data, to make the landing pages draw the visitor deeper into your site.

- I will deal with your large clients myself, since there has to be alot of communication, and they deserve a dedicated manager, which is why i made the control panel. I walk through the whole setup with the client, making sure we are on the same page.

The plus packages also include all the other Google sites that are related, and their services, such as:

-Google Analytics - i open and attach this account for them, and use it for tracking and optimizing, goals and funnels.

-Google Webmaster Tools - i open an account for them and make a sitemap and make sure the robot.txt is correct.

- Google Website Optimizer - i open and attach an account for them, and use it to test slight variations of landing pages to optimize landing pages.

I do realize that the prices of the high end service are expensive, but that is only because of the amount of work needed to do it properly. I would only be able to maintain about 30-40 of these accounts myself, before i was swamped with work, and that is after i get rid of my hosting and dedicated myself to only managing clients Adwords accounts.

If a company is willing to spend $1000+/month on advertising online, they are probably wasting most of it with low performing ads and low performing keywords, no specific landing pages, and are wasting literally 50%+ of that money. With a good manager, making good ads and using good keywords and max bids, you can actually get way more traffic and sales for less money.

Now, that does not mean i treat the small accounts with disregard, because i won't. The small accounts will get the same great effort at writing good ads, with multiple slight variations, to optimize over time, there just won't be a ton of data to sift through to improve your website over time.

I would not dream of charging more than needed to make a meager living, around $40k a year if i had all the clients i could handle.

If, in time, it turns out that i don't need too much time to work on a site properly, i'll drop the prices. The way it is going right now though, Google keeps adding more and more features, that take more and more time to implement and track. The last thing i want to do is have your clients complaining to you because i'm not doing a good job for them and i take too long to reply.

I want to make sure this is a quality service, as i think most of us are getting very tired of the lack of quality in other services we use and rely on.

Any more questions? concerns? anyone?

Greg
Hosting Superstar

Post by Greg » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:41 am

Update:

As before, if you have a "bad ad", you end up paying more per click to get the same performance as someone with a good ad.

Now, if you have a bad landing page, you are going to have to pay even more for your ad to perform as good as someone with a targeted, relevant landing page:

http://adwords.blogspot.com/2006/11/lan ... pdate.html

The trend is to make anyone with bad ads, wrong keywords, bad landing pages, to end up right off the whole system, as they are pushing the best possible ads and following content.

Advertisers who may be providing a poor experience on their site will notice that their traffic across the content network decreases as a result of this change.

In most cases, we expect that the higher minimum bids will cause the low quality ads and keywords to become "inactive for search

BBear
Hosting Superstar

Post by BBear » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:12 pm

Greg,

How is this all going for you? Are you still working with this? I am curious because I might have a client or two interested.

Thanks!
Bbear

Greg
Hosting Superstar

Post by Greg » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:20 pm

Not too well BBear, i have a total of 0 paying clients.

I offered to volunteer my services to kiva.org and was turned down as well. Nothing like getting turned down for a volunteer position!

I have made a nice control panel, which i doubt anyone else in the industry has, but no one seems interested.

I can show you the control panel if you'd like to see, and can answer any questions you have.

My problem is i'm not a good saleman, i like to put the proof in my work.

BBear
Hosting Superstar

Post by BBear » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:37 pm

Yes Greg, I would be interested.

Thank you
:)
Bbear

btw, I'm not a good sales person either. I try, but I have a problem when it comes to getting people to spend money. Guess having to be fruggle for so very long myself takes its toll.

MysTex
Hard Drive Crasher

Post by MysTex » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:49 pm

Greg wrote:I have made a nice control panel, which i doubt anyone else in the industry has, but no one seems interested.

I can show you the control panel if you'd like to see, and can answer any questions you have.

Greg, when you get time could you send me the url too. Would really like to see it (not urgent) I know ya have my email ;-)

Greg
Hosting Superstar

Post by Greg » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:02 pm

I'll post it here, you two are probably the only two looking at this thread anyway lol

The control panel is my test one, and all the modules are enabled.

If a client is interested, then i set it to show samples and budget options, but after they sign up i get rid of those and it acts as a control panel.

http://pureideasplus.com/seoclients/websitestop_com/

user: greg
pass: smitty

Arf
Official Test Penquin

Post by Arf » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:23 pm

Greg,
I have a client with a $200-$300 advertising budget. I've looked at your pricing and don't see how we can hire you. Maybe there's still something you can do. Most importantly, I want my client to see my brand on anything they get and I want to handle billing for them. Do you have a way to resell you services with my name/logo on the info and forms?

I think that you might be able to sell a lot more if we could be a self branded affiliate of your service. You thoughts would be appreciated.

Greg
Hosting Superstar

Post by Greg » Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:34 am

Arf wrote:Greg,
Most importantly, I want my client to see my brand on anything they get and I want to handle billing for them. Do you have a way to resell you services with my name/logo on the info and forms?

I think that you might be able to sell a lot more if we could be a self branded affiliate of your service. You thoughts would be appreciated.

Yes, as i stated above, and quoted below, my control panel can be under your company name, so the whole service can be branded to your company.

I made a little CP for each client, and made it in a way so that each clients CP can be hosted on any domain, typically my domain, or their domain, or your domain. The CP can show anyone as the Adwords Manager, working for any company with any details, listed in a separate included file, so for example, if we made a deal, you could offer your clients my service, and their Adwords CP could be hosted on your domain, with an icon in your Ala CP leading to it, and showing me as the Manager working under your company name.

Arf wrote:Greg,
I have a client with a $200-$300 advertising budget. I've looked at your pricing and don't see how we can hire you. Maybe there's still something you can do.

I believe we could make a simplified service that doesn't include Google Analytics and deep research, or the control panel, for your client. The service would still include researching the client site, and competitors sites and ads, and making good ads and managing the account and budget for them for a reasonable price, something around $100 start-up and $30/month for clients looking to spend $200-$300 /month.

Arf
Official Test Penquin

Post by Arf » Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:59 pm

Greg,
Sorry if I made you repeat yourself. As for the simplified service, this sounds like a great option. I just wish there were a way for my head to be able to understand better so that I could sell it better. I'm not looking to do it, I'm looking to sell it because I think your service is very valuable.

Greg
Hosting Superstar

Post by Greg » Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:53 pm

No problem at all. It seems that selling professional online advertising is like selling website design.....everyone thinks it's easy and can be done cheap, but if you learn alot, you realize you don't know alot.

I wish i could sell it better as well, but since i've even been turned down for volunteering at a non-profit that has a Google Adwords grant, and Alabanza lets me down alot, i have no self-confidence in anything anymore, and people notice that, so i don't blame anyone for not wanting to use my service...i wouldn't use it either if i didn't know me.

Thanks though for your support.

net123
Hard Drive Crasher

Post by net123 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:56 pm

Any chance you're still doing this work? The new DSM optimizer service has gotten us thinking again about offering a service to our clients, and while we don't think that's the one, we're looking around.

Thanks,
Chris
OWH

Greg
Hosting Superstar

Post by Greg » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:15 pm

"still doing this work" would suggest i started at some point, which i have not.

Since i have no paying clients, and never did, i have not been in there in almost a year now.

A few people here were interested at some point, but decided it was not good enough or cheap enough to use.

Maybe someone else here can point you to a good service somewhere. Feel free to go off topic or hijack this thread anyone, if you know of a good service for net123 to use.

Arf
Official Test Penquin

Post by Arf » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:52 am

Greg, I think your original idea is sound and profitable but as we discussed recently, the work involved by the client will overwhelm most of them even if it's worth the money.

Chris, we went with submitnet which offers a 90-day free trial: http://ez2ba.com/html/affiliates/submitnet.html However, none of our clients have signed up for this even though it's very economical.

I've made the most money all of this simply doing PPC management.

net123
Hard Drive Crasher

Post by net123 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:59 pm

I'll check them out - thanks for the tip.

Chris
OWH

net123
Hard Drive Crasher

Post by net123 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:28 pm

The DSM Hypersubmit has the virtue of integration, for billing, but I'm not sure what (if anything) else. Does SubmitNet have other virtues in addition to the 90 day trial?

Chris
OWH

Arf
Official Test Penquin

Post by Arf » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:09 pm

net123 wrote:The DSM Hypersubmit has the virtue of integration, for billing, but I'm not sure what (if anything) else. Does SubmitNet have other virtues in addition to the 90 day trial?

Chris
OWH

It's easy enough to integrate a submitnet icon into the DSM and probably keep the end page within the frame of the control panel. As for the virtues, I'd suggest you try it out.