The script is now available for $25. Contact me via alahosts.com for purchase instructions. We're charging a $10 setup fee for Sub Domains and sold 10 the same day we added the option to the Control Panel.
Special thanks to Al Smith for testing and writing installation routine.
Screenshot of CP interface can be seen at http://188.8.131.52/screenshot.gif
In order to successfully install this program, you must first understand how it works. For starters, the application must be installed on the server housing your primary name servers (most likely the first server purchased from Alabanza). Before you begin the installation, you must first setup a new domain via the DSM to service aLL Sub Domain requests. Each and every Sub Domain that you setup will actually be pointing to the IP Address of the new domain that you setup.
For example: your hosting company is alabanzahosting.com. Your email is firstname.lastname@example.org
. You setup a domain to handle Sub Domain requests called subdomain-processor.com (you don't have to own the domain name).
Installation proceedure (Bad things will happen if this readme is not followed exactly. Ask for help if you have any questions!):
- put archive on Primary NS Server and extract (tar xvf subscript.tar)
- you will see three files: install.sh, redirect.tar.gz, subdomain.tar.gz
- edit (vi) install.sh and change the top three variables to match your environment. These variables are:
* domain - The domain name of the account you setup to processes Sub Domain requests. In the example above, you would change value to subdomain-processor.com
* myemail - Where you want Sub Domain installation requests sent to. YOU MUST ENTER EXACTLY AS SHOWN IN INSTALL.SH. In the example above, you would change value to support\\@alabanzahosting.com.
* mydomain - The domain name of your hosting company. In the example above, you would change to alabanzahosting.com.
- adjust permissions of install.sh: chmod 755 install.sh
- run it: ./install.sh
- Now go to DSM and setup a new Custom Tool called 'Add Sub Domain'. The tool url should be: /cp/subdomain/index.pl
That completes a basic single-server install. If you have more than one server, then on each additional (non primary NS server), create a directory called subdomain in /home/httpd/cp. Copy index.pl and request.pl from /home/httpd/cp/subdomain from your master server into this directory. Make sure they are owned by root: chown root.root /home/httpd/cp/subdomain/*.pl. Make sure they are executable: chmod 755 /home/httpd/cp/subdomain/*.pl
Free install is available if needed. contact hostspring via alahosts.com if you need help.