Anyone have experience with Peer 1 / ServerBeach?

Get answers here.

Moderators: BBear, theunknownhost, flaguy

Sapphyre
Official Test Penquin

Anyone have experience with Peer 1 / ServerBeach?

Post by Sapphyre » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:04 pm

They are building a new "green" datacenter in Toronto. I have been waiting a long time for a Cdn datacenter with affordable pricing, and these guys are Green Grid members. None of their existing Cdn DC offer managed hosting - they're all co-lo, but this new one will.

So now I need to investigate them deeper. Anyone used them?
I am having a hard time finding any user reviews via Google - many of the sites have 0 reviews for them which I find very odd- they just lay out all theifnormation about them like an advertisement.

newcanada
Hosting Superstar

Post by newcanada » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:02 am

I've also been considering them because they have a Canadian DC in Vancouver. I've heard only good things but I'm unsure of their pricing and support levels. So I'm curious as well..

Charlie
Hard Drive Crasher

Post by Charlie » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:30 pm

We have a colo with them in their older DC on Yonge St. For what we have been using, it has been very stable although pricy.

The DC that we use is not manned 24/7. Supposedly if we need a remore hand it is available 24/7($$$)
The DC is managed through the Vancouver NOC and we only needed their urgent help once in adding a rule in their border router to block a DOS attack which they did.

I was also looking into using their new green DC since it is much closer to us and we can escape the downtown traffic although I have not been to the DC for the last 5 years.