Customer Management beyond Control Panel

If you have a program or script that you'd like to give away or sell, this is the place to do it. All offers should include contact info.

Moderators: BBear, theunknownhost, flaguy

bbulb
Professional Chicken Dancer

Customer Management beyond Control Panel

Post by bbulb » Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:55 pm

Hey Guys,

New to the forums here and I've been reading up all day. I love the level of comaraderie around here.

We are about to undergo a very significant site re-design and I have a question about "Login" sections on your sites. Does anyone have/use anything different than just the Control Panel to manage user accounts? I'm considering something that incorporates the Control Panel and Bulk Register's API and some sort of ticketing system, etc.

Just starting to look around and wondered if this is overkill...or if there are Open Source solutions out there, etc.

Thanks!

Brian

Arf
Official Test Penquin

Post by Arf » Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:28 pm

Brian,
Welcome to Alahosts. It's great to see a new face in town.

I noticed your notes on the API in another post. Thanks for jumping right in and helping out.

I'm not aware of anyone who's mixed APIs, and thus far only a few hosts are even using it.

bbulb
Professional Chicken Dancer

Post by bbulb » Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:36 am

When you say that only a few hosts are using the API, are you referring to the Bulk Reg API? I'm curious to know if anyone makes sales that are just registers domain name registrations only and how that's handled.

Is there an easy way to keep track of clients buying/using multiple products...some sort of integrated user management software?

Thanks!

Brian