Email Plumber :: Email box Management Tool

If you have a program or script that you'd like to give away or sell, this is the place to do it. All offers should include contact info.

Moderators: BBear, theunknownhost, flaguy

Arf
Official Test Penquin

Email Plumber :: Email box Management Tool

Post by Arf » Fri Apr 18, 2003 5:08 pm

Free Demo, see below.

Email Plumber :: Roots out email problems

• Manages a variety of email problems (file size too large, bad default rules, orphans, very old expire emails). You determine max file size, how old is too old, etc.
  • Fixes bad default rules
  • Removes orphan mail files -- email box files that no longer have email addresses in the CP. You may not realize that Alabanza's script doesn't remove these.
  • Removes expired emails (you determine how old)
  • Sends client one of three different letter depending on the situation. 1- Your email box is too big. 2- Your old email is going to be deleted. 3- Your old email has been deleted. You can customize these letters.
  • Logs all activities and choices
  • Can run manually or automatically
  • Can run as a cron job
  • Reports are emailed out to admin and saved on server
  • You can also list users to ignore (resellers' clients for example)
  • Sets all default rules that bounce the email (common cause of high server loads due to server ping-pong) to vaporize the email instead.
  • Exclude list allows you to manage everyone but those on the list.

Version 1.1

FREE demo is the real program but will only report problems without the Key.

I have a free demo available of this if you wish to email me at
spamvault @ ez2ba.com (you'll need to remove the spaces and no Private Message requests please). Since a demo is worth a thousand keystrokes, I have a demo of my email clean up tool. Even though this is a demo, it will give a great report on problems that exist with your clients' email files. You need to run this as root from the command line. If you don't know how to upload a file, SSH in, unzip, chmod and run a program in SSH as root, this is not going to be a good solution for you.
Last edited by Arf on Tue Feb 03, 2004 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arf
Official Test Penquin

Post by Arf » Tue Feb 03, 2004 3:22 pm

In the future, I want to add a feature to clean up all the orphan webmail data that is also left behind.

Arf
Official Test Penquin

Post by Arf » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:35 pm

The current of Email Plumber, version 1.7.100, is available for FREE to anyone who has version 1.0 through 1.7. Anyone who buys v1.7 of the program between January 1, 2006 and the roll out of 2.0 will get a free upgrade. (If you've bought the program in this time, then you can write to me for the upgrade at the address below)

Coming soon: Email Plumber, version 2.0
Wow, on Feb. 3rd 2004 I set my own goal of having email plumber clean up webmail orphans. I finally found the time to impliment this and finished the code today. The program found 450 webmail orphans on 3 servers. In addition, I've made dozens of bug fixes and corrections to the code and added new features.

You now have the option to zip up the webmail orphan into a zip file for safe keeping where you can delete it later, or simply delete the file.

This is a new version of Email Plumber: v2.0

I'm currently alpha testing the program. Anyone wishing to Beta Test it a demo copy, please let me know via email at spamvault at thesupportdesk.com.

dmatthewsbnd251

i wish i knew

Post by dmatthewsbnd251 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:01 am

I wrote an email cleanup script because we weren't satisfied with the version available at the time. What you have done is sooo soo similar to mine. Here's what mine does and we've been running it very successfully.

1. Corrects bad email rules (A forwards to B, B doesn't even exist).
2. Configure an age limit for emails
- Can configure it to ignore imap and webmail accounts or not
3. Backs up old email/orphaned email, and will rotate it out on a configued schedule. It also compresses it into a single file on each accont.
4. Can create exceptions for domains that are stored and retreived from a centralized database, instead of a file. (when you move a domain, you don't want to break your promise)
4. Backs up all procmail, and mm rules
5. Very informative test mode
6. Emails reports
7. Can be run from cron or command line

It's only slightly different, but any interest in this, please email me at david - at - bluesteeltechnology.net. I just bought a house and will be moving this month, but once I'm settled, I will tie some licensing into it and get it out there if anyone wants it. Maybe I'll call it the "Email Ninja".

spfdhost
Nothing better to do.

Post by spfdhost » Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:18 am

I seem to be having an issue when running eplumber... let me know if im doing this right...

This is from command line...

Would you like to:
A) Manage all email boxes AND fix bouncing default rules
B) Manage all email boxes
C) Fix bouncing default rules
D) Delete webmail orphans
E) Clear webmail history files
X) Run in Auto Mode
*) Quit
Note: to quit while in the program, enter x or q at the prompt.
A

:: You have chosen to exit the program -- bye!

Arf
Official Test Penquin

Post by Arf » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:41 pm

spfdhost, you might want to write to me directly for support.

spamvault (at) thesupportdesk.com